skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Set up and operate CNC machines to perform one or more machine functions and set up future jobs while machines are operating.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates and fixtures.
- Mount, install, align and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and work pieces on machines using hand tools and precision measuring equipment.
- Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull-cutting tools or excessive vibration, and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation, save modified programs and submit to Manufacturing Engineer.
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, as well as the size of position cuts, control coolant needs
- Check to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors and to obtain approval to continue production.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished work piece dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
- Maintain machines, and remove / replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Implement changes to machine programs, and enter new specifications using computers.
- Write simple programs for computer-controlled machine tools.
- Job Knowledge – Has all the knowledge and skills required for the job but may require additional instruction.
- Quality of Work – Rarely errors in judgment. Checks parts as they are produced and rarely generates scrap or rework.
- Adherence to work rules – Never takes extended or unauthorized breaks. Never begins clean up before the 5 minute time period. Uses cell phone on break only.
- Efficiency – Achieves the standard 100% of the time.
- Reliability – Dependable and trustworthy.
- Self Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Innovative – Has the appropriate ability to go beyond the conventional; a willingness to try different solutions and encourage new ideas from employees and co-workers.
- Attitude – To meet requirements, the employee will be a good team worker who is interested in the success of the department, and one who accepts assignments willingly.
Job Type: Full-time