skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates and fixtures.
- Remove and replace dull-cutting tools.
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces, according to required sequences.
- Check to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays, and compare readings to specifications in order to detect malfunctions.
- Control coolant systems.
- Maintain machines and remove / replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
- Stack or load finished items or place items on conveyor systems.
- Clean machines, tooling and parts using solvents or solutions and rags.
- Mount, install, align and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and work pieces on machine using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Listen to machines during operation in order to detect sounds such as those made by dull-cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Adjust feed and speed, change cutting tools or adjust machine controls.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors, and to obtain approval to continue production.
- Set up future jobs while machines are operating.