PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Track the status or requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Follow up on shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and those goods meet specifications.
- Compare suppliers’ invoices with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Approve bills for payment.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms.
- Monitor vendor performance, recommending modifications when necessary.
- Prepare request for quote forms and distribute them to supplier firms or for public posting.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Locate new suppliers using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to multi-task
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business and 3+ years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of policies, programs & services and products
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Syteline.
We’re taking on some of the biggest challenges facing your business. Productivity. Profitability. Efficiency. Capability.
We’ve been at the forefront of engineering hydraulic solutions for over 50 years-a testament to a long-standing reputation built upon your challenges and opportunities. Continental Hydraulics is a worldwide leader for valves, pumps, power units and proportional products-all assembled in the USA.