PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders and change or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases and to provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Follow up on shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and those goods meet specifications.
- Prepare request for quote forms and distribute them to supplier firms or public posting.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of policies, programs & services and products
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Syteline.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business and 3+ years in experience as it relates to position.
We’re taking on some of the biggest challenges facing your business. Productivity. Profitability. Efficiency. Capability.
We’ve been at the forefront of engineering hydraulic solutions for over 50 years-a testament to a long-standing reputation built upon your challenges and opportunities. Continental Hydraulics is a worldwide leader for valves, pumps, power units and proportional products-all assembled in the USA.